- Let the free market decide what programming gets on the air
- Reinstatement would be detrimental to both the left and the right
- With few exceptions, programming decisions are apolitical
- Bottom line managers would air bird calls if it would be profitable-and they would be right to do so
- It could effectively hasten the death of opinionated talk radio
- The financial burden of managing "fairness" could prove to be a hardship for an industry that can't afford it
- Does fairness apply to politics only? Will atheists demand equal time on religious stations? Will anarchists demand equal time on stations that talk about law and order? Will ethnic stations be forced to air other ethnic views? How fair is fair?
- What would be the penalty for lack of fairness? License revocation? Fines?
This blog is not about politics and never will be until the government starts hinting that programming needs to start conforming to some bureaucratic ideal.
I have posted a new poll on this issue and as always invite your opinions.