Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Social Media Fad

Not!

As an active Facebook user I have found myself somewhat of an evangelist for it. I really enjoy it. It allows for interaction with far many more people than face-to-face, phone, or email would ever allow. Now granted, there are things I know now that if I didn't know wouldn't matter, but overall it's been a very positive experience.

I've had more than a few conversations with people (all older) trying to explain to them why it's worth their time joining in on the revolution. OK, I didn't call it a revolution--but you know what I mean. In fact, the video that follows I found through social networking. My friend Mark Ramsey posted this on his hear2.o blog., but it was when it was posted on Facebook it found me.

Social Media has has exploded, but it has just begun. Understand the fundamental change it represents and you will be miles closer to understanding what's ahead.

No comments: